Fargot Password? / Help


Q.  Do you have to be a DC Resident to get married in the District?
A.  No. DC currently has no residency requirement for obtaining a marriage license.


Q. How do I obtain a marriage license in DC.

A.  A marriage license application can be obtained online at www.dccourts/docs/family/marriage_license.pdf

**Both partners must be present if filing for the marriage license in person. At the time of application, they ask that you name the Officiant performing your ceremony. You are asked to pay $45.00 via cash or money order, payable to “Clerk, DC Superior Court”. Save your receipt you will need this to pick up your license after the mandatory three-day waiting period. Present your license to your Marry Me in DC Officant after your ceremony to be signed, thus making your marriage legal.

**If you are unable to apply in person, Marry Me in DC is authorized to file your Marriage license Application on your behalf, and pick it up, thus eliminating your three day waiting period.


Q. Can you help us find a place to host our wedding?

A. You may hold your ceremony anywhere you like, as long as it is within the boundaries of the District of
Columbia. In the warmer months, getting married outdoors is always an option and DC has several gorgeous
parks where we could hold your small and private ceremony. You could also ask your hotel to provide a
private space for your ceremony.  There are many options available to you depending on the size of your
group and the type of wedding you are seeking, but we can most certainly help you identify a suitable and
comfortable location for your wedding.


Q. What is an Officiant and why do I need one?

A. An Officiant, or Wedding Celebrant is the person who Officiates the wedding ceremony. You may typically
Think of this person as a minister. Without a DC Court Authorized Officiant, you are not able to secure a
marriage license.


Q. Are you a Minister? Do you have a church?

A. Every Marry Me in DC Officiant is an Ordained Minister as is the required by law to become a Court
Authorized Officiant. We do not have a church, or a following. We exist solely for the purpose of conducting
same-sex weddings  and providing a much needed service for our lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender


Q. How do I choose an Officiant?

A. Your Officiant should be someone that you feel comfortable with, that you can relate to, and who makes you
Feel at ease in regards to this part of your special day. For that reason, Marry Me in DC offers free, no-
obligation consultations to all prospective clients. This gives you a chance to meet your Officiant face-to-face
and discuss your wishes for your wedding.


Q. Can we write our own vows?

A. Yes. Nothing is more heart-felt than vows personally written with each other in mind. Marry me in DC is able
to assist you with ceremony selection, and then you are able to customize the wording for your ceremony any
way you choose creating a one-of-a-kind wedding ceremony for you and the love of your life.


Q. What is the cost of your Officiant Service?

A. Our Officiant Packages range from $300.00 – $1200.00 depending on your needs
Contact us for a customized package quote based on your wedding plans.